Thursday, November 30, 2006

Good for Students, Bad for Parents

Recently, my alma mater, the University of Hartford, announced that they would no longer be mailing grades to students via the US Post Office. Grades are only going to be available online.

Kudos to the University of Hartford for saving a ton of money on postage and printing costs. As a student, I always got my grade online, and didn't care when I got my grade mailer. In fact, I event printed my grades and put them on the fridge at home, and threw out the official when it came, as it was already old news.

The downside to this of course is now, when a student gets a D, the parents will only know when they twist the arm of their son or daughter to show them their grades. Otherwise, the information is only accessible by the student. Good for students, bad for parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment