Saturday, April 05, 2008

Friendship

Every once in a while I am reminded of the importance of friendship. Last night was one of those days. I need to do a better job of keeping in touch with people who have been a part of my life. Yesterday, for example, I was fortunate enough to run into a couple folks who I consider to be friends ... not your random facebook friend that you approve because you feel bad not approving them ... a true, real-life, flesh and blood friend.

Meeting up with these people of course resulted in a fantastic night of socializing, catching up, and supporting of the local economy (possibly a little too much supporting of it!). Today may have been rough because of it (which is why this post is so late in the day), but it was worth it.

From this day forward, I will be making an extra effort to re-establish friendships that have faded over the last couple years. I can blame work or school or boy scout commitments for this shortfall in communication ... but I take responsibility for it myself.

So if you are out there an we are friends but we have not spoken in a while ... give me a call, shoot me an IM, or write on my Facebook wall ... I'm here and ready to re-connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment