Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Touch of History


Today I visited the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH. I must say that the opportunity to view artifacts and read about the storied history of the NFL, as well as the many other professional football leagues that have influenced pro football in North America was amazing.

My favorite was this shot of me with the head of John Elway ... one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history (although I wish it wasn't as blurry). It truly was amazing to see the bronze likenesses (is that a word) of all of the legendary players that have been memorialized for contributions on and off the field to the game of football. I also found out that the Vince Lombardi Trophy is made by Tiffany & Co. .... Very interesting/ironic. If you ever find your way to Canton, OH, I recommend checking it out.

I also want to thank Brian and Dar for making this weekend fantastic ... an Indians game and a nice afternoon of catching up is always welcome!

2 comments:

  1. What happened at that Subway is a tribute to the best in people. So much is said about bad things that people do. It was so nice to hear this. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I even went back and paid him!

    ReplyDelete