Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fond Memories


Today on my way to work, I saw a truck with the name "Robert" across it. For some reason it reminded me of my days working at Ames Department Store in Middletown, CT (where there is now a Home Depot ... Ames went out of business).

I worked at that store from the day it opened to the day it closed its doors for the final time. I was only one of two people to do that ... outlasting all of the full-timers and managers by a mile.


Robert (or as I called him ... Rooooobert) worked very hard. He would do anything that was asked of him with a smile on his face. Things were much simpler then.

Yes there were times of stress (who hasn't heard me tell my Christmas layaway stories?) ... but overall working at Ames was a pleasant experience.
Roooooobert, Danny Boy, Jen (in a high pitched wierdo voice), and Caroline (the best manager ever) ... I hope you are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment