Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Workplace Dynamics

Anyone who knows me already knows that I am all about giving people their fair shake ... working with the cards that are dealt to get the job done. I am fortunate enough in my professional life to be surrounded by a group of smart, creative, and patient people that make my job (for the most part) fun.

Today was a little different though. Today I felt ... less welcome.

I don't know if it is because the high stress level our small group was under was what was bringing us together, and now that the stress level is lower that bond is a little weaker ... Or maybe the recent changes in hierarchy have something to do with it ... or possibly the addition of new members into the fold ...

I guess change is a part of everything. People change jobs. People are hired, fired, promoted, transferred, or quit. Whatever it is ... today was different.

No comments:

Post a Comment