Thursday, April 21, 2011

Passing the reigns

Earlier this month I announced, fittingly, via social media that I was leaving the University of New Haven for an opportunity with Zinch.com.  This will be an excellent chance for me to expand my experience not only in marketing, but also in the field of higher education and enrollment management by connecting and working with a large network of schools with a diverse background of strengths, weaknesses, priorities, and needs.

A few days ago I tweeted about transition, and how a person is not only measured by their achievements but how they handle transition.  My biggest failure would be to leave UNH in a position where they would not be able to continue my responsibilities outside of people management without me.  That is why I am happy to introduce you to my successors:

Tommy Sapienza - (found on twitter @tsapi1) will take over the work I was doing in regards to receiving data from online recruitment partners, as well as developing communications with prospective students with the Hobsons EMT Connect CRM.  If I were to stay, I would be calling him the "Coordinator of Enrollment Technology".  In addition to Twitter he can also be found on LinkedIn here.

Elizabeth Stolow - (found on twitter @lstolo) will take over managing our relationships with most of our online recruitment partners with regard to maintaining our presence on sites like Zinch, College Prowler, Cappex, and others.  If I were to stay, I would be calling her the "Coordinator of Online Marketing and Outreach".  In addition to Twitter she can also be found on LinkedIn here (although she has yet to approve my connection request :-P)

Zack Rosen - (found on twitter @zrosen88) will take over managing social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), online chats, and virtual events (CollegeWeekLive and Virtual Open Houses).  If I were to stay, I would be calling him the "Coordinator of Interactive Online Outreach".  In addition to Twitter he can also be found on LinkedIn here.

These three folks are smart, dynamic, and will do an amazing job.  While I am leaving UNH on May 6 I am confident that we will continue to see the university be recognized as a leader in online outreach and recruitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment