Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Another day, another dollar

Well, today started out great when I found out that mileage reimbursement for business related travel went up 8 cents this week to off set the huge hike in gas prices. With my car getting 40 miles to the gallon, that is pretty freakin sweet.

I must say that it is a good feeling when you reach all four appointments without getting lost or having any traffic problems. Every other day of this job I have been getting lost at least once, if not MANY times on my way to things. It sucks getting lost so much when you are in a new area and have somewhere important to be. It's like a little bit of control that you don't have and really really want.

Speaking of control, it really sucks to feel like you lose it. Moving down to Philly, I thought I was going to be having a great time right off the bat. Little did I know that before I even got home to Connecticut this summer, my world would change dramatically. Honestly, I am feeling a little lost right now. So many things that I thought I was sure about, I am completely in the dark on. I ask questions, and don't receive answers. I believe things, and then they are proven wrong. It's hard to feel out of control. Hopefully over the next few weeks I can gain some semblance of control back in my life. We'll see.

On a more "less Gil-centric" note. Give to Habitat for Humanity to help build new homes for the poor folks in the Gulf Coastal Region. Visit www.habitat.org to give.

7 comments:

  1. Try not to think about it as lost, instead look for the posatives, you are starting on an exciting, new path . The end of which you do not clearly see. But it's there and exciting in it's posabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. somehow the spelling of the other post makes it seem as gorman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever is anonymous ... let's try being positive. Dar and Gorman are both good friends of mine. So what if typing isn't their best skill? It's ok to joke about it to their face, but public shaming on the internet is not necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gil you're so sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete