Monday, June 26, 2006

Going Ape for Amazon

So I finally discovered how great Amazon.com is. First, they don't just sell books. They sell consumer electronics, toys and now even groceries.

A couple year ago, my father forced me to start an Amazon.com Wishlist (Mine is here). I didn't quite understand what the big deal was. But alas, I started the list as my father requested, and left it there dormant for a long time.

Then, a couple weeks ago, I blogged about a lecture at the Googleplex by Seth Godin. I watched his entire lecture during a lunchbreak and was hooked. I have since bought 4 of his 7 books, and am reading them faster than any textbook about marketing that I can recall ever reading.

My wishlist has exploded as well. I have basically clicked on any book that remotely taps my interest. My logic? Well, in 5 years when I have a nice office, it will be cool to have a small library of books to loan out to folks.

Finally, I read in one of Seth's books about the Amazon Assoicates Program, where at no fee to you, a webmaster can copy and paste a few lines of code to their website, and make a commission when someone purchases a book threw those ads (note the Amazon ads on the right side of this page, as well as on www.gilrogers.com).

I am very pleased with the service I have received through Amazon. I highly recommend it (especially if you are going to it through somewhere in my blog or website).

No comments:

Post a Comment