Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Google Test Homepage


I have heard about Google randomly modifying the way their homepage operates and is laid out to solicit user feedback, however I have never seen any huge difference other than a few minor changes to which links appeared across the top of the Google Search Box.
Today I went to my Google homepage, and decided for whatever reason to switch to "classic view", and this layout appeared. As you can tell, there are more options for web search shown, and the links are on the left, rather than across the Google Search Box. I refreshed the screen a few times and the page went back to "normal". Quite honestly, I think a new user (if there are any left) would prefer the "normal" look to this experiment.
Kudos to Google for trying new things, but this one is not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment