Wednesday, April 23, 2008

NHL Round 2 Coming Up

WOW! I must say that it was an amazing first round of the 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs!!!

I must say, going 100% for the Eastern Conference, and 50% of the Western Conference is one of my proudest achievements this month ... it's been a slow month.

Here we go with "Round Two":

EASTERN CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS
Series A - #2 Pittsburgh vs. #5 New York Rangers

This is a tough one because I know a lot of the players on the Rangers from their days with the Hartford Wolf*Pack, and I pull for them. That partnered with the fact that the Penguins have been getting cold for a long time. I think this one goes the distance, but I have to stick with the Penguins taking it in 7.

Series B - #1 Montreal vs. #6 Philadelphia

The Flyers had to go the distance against a talented Washington team. Montreal had a few rough days against an inferior Boston team. This one is a tough one ... but I have to believe that the Canadians, as the top seed can take down the lowest remaining seed. Canadians in 6 ... Game 6 will be an overtime game.

WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS

Series A - #1 Detroit vs. #6 Colorado

Hey Red Wings ... Remember 1996? Yeah ... Bring it on ... Avs in 6 bloody games (This pick is purely out of me being a fan of the Avalanche. I do know that the Red Wings had the best record in the NHL during the regular season ... I just don't care).

Series B - #2 San Jose vs. #5 Dallas
I didn't think either of these teams would make it ... of course you have to remember my disclaimer that my Flames pick was a shot in the dark and was not an educated guess at all. I'm going to take that same measure and go with Sharks in 7.

Let me know what you think!

(For the record, my playoff picks record is 6-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment