Monday, November 28, 2005

Another Satisfied Customer

So I received my ink for my printer in the mail today.  To be honest with you, it was a great experience from a marketing and environmental perspective.

First, my printer told me when I needed to order ink.  At that point, it gave me a link to go to Dell’s website where I can order ink for my printer directly.  Within a day, my ink was at my door.

Now, I hate the ink industry.  I think it is crap that they give away printers for free, but then charge $50 for two cartridges just to keep it operational.  But alas, that is the way of the world.  We see the same thing happen with iPods, cars, stereo systems, and those oh so wonderful video game systems.

But on to my environmental awareness moment of the day … Dell made a point to include envelopes for me to mail my old cartridges back to their factory for free to recycle the parts.  This to me is great.  Yes, Staples can open up a booth for me to bring my old cartridges in to drop them off … but who wants to do that?  It was much easier for me to just put my old cartridge into the envelope when I was putting my new cartridge in.

Then, to make matters better … the printer recognized when I put in a new cartridge, and went through all of the necessary steps to ensure I received the highest quality of print that my money buys.  Talk about ensuring customer satisfaction!

Kudos to Dell on another job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment