Thursday, May 18, 2006

Is this the end of text ads?

A couple months ago I noticed a new section of my Google Homepage, inviting me to participate in a Davinci Code puzzle game. I closed it right away, and was mildly annoyed by the ad.
Then today I read an article about a new movie/Google partnership. "The Break-Up", starring Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston has a featured section on Google Video. Not only does the film have its own spotlighted page, but also a new promotion: Google wants users to upload their own Break Up Movie.
Could this be the beginning of video-type advertisements on Google? Could this be the end of text-only ads due to the demand of Google's clients? I don't believe so.
In order to visit the information about "The Break-Up", a visitor for all intensive purposes "opts in" to the promotion. People like movie previews, and that is all this really is ... another way to watch a movie preview.
Google already makes it possible for you to view commercials on Google Video ... all you have to do is search.

No comments:

Post a Comment